Friday 30 August 2013

I love food!



I love food. I love growing it, cooking it and eating it!    And that is just what I did this evening....
I grew it, cooked it and ate it.  The entire dinner came from the garden - potatoes, cabbage, brussels sprouts, kale, shallots and garlic.  (OK there were a few extra ingredients - olive oil, salt and pepper and a few spices.)  Food miles - about 10 metres!  It was a simple dinner but delicious.  It was a recipe from
 Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstal's - River Cottage Veg Every Day. (Curried bubble and squeak).

 I love this cookbook.  I am trying to work my way through it - I made lots of soups over winter and there is still so much I want to try!


PS it isn't all healthy vegetable eating here....while I am at home eating vegetables the boys are off camping -eating sausages, marshmallows and beer....


No comments:

Post a Comment