Thursday 5 April 2012

Simple Life



Hi again!  We have been without phone or internet for this past week and I must say it has been quite pleasant.  I often think I would have liked the pre phone era...  I often reflect on the computer and my love/hate relationship with it.  It is interesting how the internet has become such a central part of life.  Only two years ago I hardly ever used the computer - i would just check my emails every so often, then I discovered blogs (and now pinterest!) and the plethora of ideas out there.  It is too much sometimes, there is only so much one can do in a day and all these extra added ideas often make my head spin, not to mention the time wasted just looking and not doing.  However I do love it too, the easy access to all sorts of information, ideas, people, music, art, food, instructions..... I do love looking at and reading my favourite blogs and keeping in touch with my far away family and friends and when you live a slightly isolated life it is great to be connected to the big wide world.  Still it was nice to have a week with no computer or phone, just beautiful simple sunshiny days.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment