Thursday 15 March 2012

Monte Carlos



Today I made some Monte Carlo biscuits.  I recently ate one at a cafe and it was so yummy it inspired me to make my own.  I made them to give to a friend for their birthday, luckily I made quite a lot so we got to eat some too.  They were pretty scrummy.

I used this recipe:

 INGREDIENTS

125g softened butter
¾ cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons honey
a pinch of salt
2 cups self raising flour
1/3 cup raspberry jam, warmed
2 cups icing sugar
15g softened butter, extra
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2-3 tablespoons milk
METHOD

Preheat oven to 180°C.

Line a biscuit tray with baking paper.

Cream butter and sugar until well blended. Add egg, honey and a pinch of
salt. Fold through sifted flour.

Roll mixture into a log. Cover with plastic and allow to rest for about 20
minutes.

Uncover and slice into ½ cm slices. Place on tray and bake for 15
minutes or until golden.

While still warm brush ½ the biscuits with the jam. Set aside to
cool.

Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add butter, and vanilla essence. Mix in
enough milk to form a thick icing. Spread other half of the biscuits with
the icing and sandwich together.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment