Thursday 25 August 2011

Pretty birds

Before I forget, I must remember that a week or so ago whilst enjoying a cup of tea and a read in the sun on the veranda one of our local, pretty little birds - a blue wren, landed on my foot.
 
 Nelson and I made these blue birds out of paper mache.


We found this bower bird nest whilst on a walk.  The boys often collect blue bits and pieces from it.


Another collage - this one a bird.


I like this embroidery.  Might have to try to do something similar!

from penguin and fish


A cool song - "I like birds" by the Eels.


 from Geninne's Art Blog, she draws and paints lots of pretty little birds.

I love these drawings of birds by Joel Henriques.  And these....
There is a really good website called Birds in Backyards with lots of information, pictures and bird calls.


No comments:

Post a Comment