Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Get some perspective....How rich are you?


I saw this poster on a thought provoking  post about wealth and perspective on The Woman Condition.  She alerted me to an interesting thing called the Global Rich List and i would like to alert you to Kiva where you can loan people small amounts of money to help them with their businesses. You can choose who to loan it to and then find out how they are going.   They then pay it back and you can take your money or loan it to someone else. 

If someone asked me if I was rich, my first thought would be no.  But actually I am very rich.  I am not obsessed by or really interested in money but I have never needed to be.  I am lucky to have always had enough.   I am rich because I have never been hungry, homeless or sick.  I have never experienced war or disaster.  I am well educated and have the freedom to choose how and where I want to live. I am very fortunate indeed.

I recently saw a cool book called "Where Children Sleep" by James Mollison which shows photos of children's bedrooms around the world.  I would like to show it to my kids to give them some perspective of life on this planet and how lucky they are.


1 comment:

  1. Good timing Kate It's just what I've been thinking this week but wrapped with a few figures. Julie

    ReplyDelete