Friday 26 August 2011

Food Glorious Food

 Food Glorious Food..... it is always good to find  new recipes and I recently discovered this cool blog combining recipes, music and interesting words. It is called GourmetGirlfriend.   Also check out They Draw and Cook.


I made this Neil Perry fish curry that I found on the Internet this week and it was yum.... But I used a lot less oil and only one and a half teaspoons of salt.  I also used whiting because that is what I had.

Serves 2

Ingredients

  • ¾ cup Olive Oil
  • 1 large Onion sliced
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped Ginger
  • 2 Cloves fresh Garlic thinly sliced
  • 2 teaspoons sea salt
  • 1½ teaspoons garam masala
  • 2 teaspoons Paprika
  • 1½ teaspoons Turmeric Powder
  • ½ cup chicken stock or water
  • 400 g Blue eye cod skinned and cut into 4cm cubes
  • ¾ cup Plain Yoghurt
  • 20 ml Lime juice
Method
  1. Heat olive oil in a small frying pan, add onion, ginger, garlic and salt and sweat over low-medium heat for 10 - 15
  2. minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onion is soft and starting to caramelize.
  3. Add spices and cook, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic.
  4. Add stock or water and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
  5. Add fish to pan and stir gently to cover fish with sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
  6. Add yoghurt and lime juice, remove from heat and stir gently.
  7. Serve with steamed rice.    

1 comment:

  1. Hey thanks for your very kind words about my blog- that is so lovely of you.
    I see you are reading The Tao of Pooh too! Did you see my post on that?
    xx

    ReplyDelete