Monday, 13 June 2011

Its raining its pouring





It looks like it might flood. We are having a lovely inside day in our pyjamas! Making games, playing games, cooking popovers for lunch and doing some crochet. It is nice to stay home, light the fire and listen to the rain pitter patter on the roof.









Thirty three squares so far. I wonder how many I will need to make single bed spread?

I have also started a new library book - Summer at Mount Hope by Rosalie Ham.  It is set in rural Victoria in 1894.  I quite like it so far.  I think it is funny how even in the dusty heat in Australia people were still trying to be British, wearing corsets and fancy clothes.  Sticking to old customs. 

"'You know nothing of life, girl; you don't know what you're talking about'. 'But I do,' she said.  'I know the value of life.  I know what's important.  Looking after the land is important.  Friends and family,  freedom, and being fair to those less fortunate.'"

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment