Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Listography

I love writing lists.  I have lots of lists everywhere.  Some clever person has come up with a whole series of books about writing lists called  The Listography Books.  Todays list is for Sue - a list of 10 of my favourite books.

1.  Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austin (actually all of Jane Austin's books)
2.  Ahab's Wife - Sena Jeter Naslund
3. House of the Spirits - Isabel Allende
4. The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett
5. Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
6.  Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
7. Jackson's Track - Daryl Tonkin
8. The Education of Little Tree  - Forrest Carter
9. The Year of Wonders - Geraldine Brooks
10. Chocolate - Joanne Harris


That list was straight off the top of my head without thinking too hard about it....i bet there are other books I'd like to add or that I actually like better but for now this will do.  I think I'll list some more books I like.  It is easier if they are not called "favourites" but just books I've liked. 
Alexander McCall Smith - The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency - actually all his books
The Children's Book - A.S.Byatt
Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
East Of Eden - John Steinbeck
Brideshead Revisited - Evelyn Waugh
Heidi - Johanna Spyri
Tomorrow, When the war began (series) - John Marsden (for teenagers but I like it)
The Little Prince - Antoine De Daint-Exupery
The Reader - Bernhard Schlink
Those who Save us - Jena Blum
The Book Theif - Marcus Zusak
Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass - Phillip Pulman (also 4 teenagers but I like)

This could go on for ever - it is becoming a test of my memory, i'm going to give up now and go to bed.  There are probably hundreds of books i really like. That would be a challenge to try to list everybook I've ever read.  I try to write the titles of the books I've read as I read them in my yearly journal book - but often I forget to write some in. I wonder how many books I have read in my life?  My mum and Tristan's mum would have read even more. See I am already remembering more good books but i am going to say goodbye now before I bore you all to sleep. Goodnight.... love from Kate
PS I think one day I am going to try to write a very extensive list of all the books I have read - well the ones I can rememeber anyway, I'll do this during all the spare time I don't have!! (Maybe in ten years or so!!)

1 comment:

  1. Loving your blog Miss SunShiny Day. Much enjoyment for me and brings a smile to my face! xx

    ReplyDelete