Saturday, 19 March 2011

Colourful Crochet

 
On one of my internet ramblings I came across Lucy's blog called Attic24 .  She made  these  colourful  rugs and the  beautiful flower shawl . I would like to make a shawl like this and  I'd like to crochet a blanket  for Sunny's bed. 

I love crochet and knitting as it is a nice relaxing thing to do at the end of the day, you don't need much space, everything fits in a bag and you can pick it up and put it down easily.  I don't like getting out stuff and having to pack away again afterwards. Oh to have a room of one's own!  It is such a tricky thing being a mother of three young children and having creative urges to fulfill.  I don't know how many mums (and dads)  fit in all the things they do.  I have so many ideas of things I'd like to do, but I have tried to let go of many of these urges as I don't like feeling frustrated and resentful towards the kids for my lack of time. So I try to make the bringing up of the kids a creative project.  I always remind myself of how short these early years with the kids really are and  in the future I would prefer to look back and know that I was really there for and with them.  I have to admit this computer project -  has been a bit of a distraction lately - oh well.  It is such a balance, we have to do some things for ourselves!!  All we can do is our best!   Anyway I think it is time to get out the crochet again...but first I must finish Sunny's dress! 

PS If you want an easy granny square pattern go to Meet Me At Mikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment